When people die young, it's always a reminder that no one can tell when one's life will end. That really, our time in this world is not in our hands and not ours to decide.
When someone old die, we felt that somehow, his life was well lived. But when someone young die, it always leave us questions. We wonder if the deceased's life was well lived, if it was fulfilling? If he/she achieve his/her purpose? We ponder these questions until such time that these questions were no longer directed to the one who passed away but to ourselves.
An unexpected death of someone I know reminded me that life is even shorter for some people and therefore I should not waste any time or take anyone for granted. That each day, I should take time to remind my love ones how much they mean to me and to make each day, each experience matter. There is a realization to do as much as I can to make life fulfilling, to do what I want and what I can while there is time because no one knows if I'll still see the next day. It doesn't mean rushing all the things I want. It's all about living the moment. Maybe, I will not live long enough to make all the things I plan happen. Maybe God will let me live a 100 years or even more. I'm not sure. But what matters is when death comes knocking on my door, I will be able to face it without any regret. I wish when that day come, I will leave this world satisfied.
July 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













0 commentaire/s:
Post a Comment